Friday, December 3, 2010

We’re getting there



I get attracted to pretty random things.

I have a bunch of awesome looking buttons, swatches of cloth that I’m probably never going to use, cute embellishments and beads to name a few. Maybe its the budding designer within me (ha!) or my inability to resist the urge to shop, even for the most mundane things.

On a trip to the textile store, I felt somewhat crafty. I picked up a bunch of faux pearls, and decided to make something with it. The crafty side of me doesn’t come very often, so once it does, I make sure to attend to the desire and create! A few stitches later, I finally come up with my first pair of pearly shorts, and Im loving every inch of them!

Thanks you JackKaye for the photos!

Send me some love on Lookbook and Chictopia!

Also, I have a few discoveries I wanna share with you.


1. I just got the NARS lipstick in Roman Holiday last Sunday, because I lost the pink lipstick I used during my last shoot with Edric. I must say, the color is stunning, and the consistency of the product is perfect. My lips are kept moisturized and soft while the color stays on for a very long time. This may be a risky thing to say, but I think NARS is probably the best lipstick I’ve ever had!

2. My mom lets me put on some SKII post toner and pre-moisturizer. Its an added step to your skin care regimen, but she swears it works. I’ve only started using it, so I really can’t tell you if I personally like it, but its worth a shot. My sister in law says her blemishes reduced dramatically, and she’s had to use less and less foundation everyday. Convincing!

3. I use this deep plum eye shadow with a bit of shimmery champagne from the same brand to create a playful smokey eye. I love how pigmented it is, and how nice the colors come out. You don’t have to apply a lot of it to get the colors to pop, so the little pot actually lasts for a long time!

4. The Bare Minerals starter set isn’t a new discovery. I used this my entire collage life, because its very light weight and breathable. While foundation usually cakes up or looks awful when we sweat, bare minerals continues to look natural. I’m giving some extra love to their bronzer, Warmth, because it makes you look like your glowing more and more the longer you have it on!

Hope you guys can give these products a try and let me know what you think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment